This form is the key to your art being found both on the website and on Google.
Keywords are words that describe your art. We break them down into several categories -
- Original Medium - what did you paint the original with... watercolour, oils, pastels??
- Art Style - would you call it traditional, modern, abstract, contemporary?
- Season and Tone - choosing these will make it easier for interior designers and decorators to select works to a theme.
- Colours - what are the three main colours to describe a particular piece
- Descriptive words - The words on the list are our main search criteria but you can add words that are specific to your art. People will search for things like "Landscape", "Floral", "Wildlife" etc. The keyword list is also used by Google so when someone searches randomly for a subject, your image will be in the list somewhere.
On the form there are checkboxes - check the words most appropriate to your image. There is even a space at the bottom of each section where you can add more words.
If you add words to the list BE SURE TO SPELL THEM CORRECTLY. While we make every effort to check, we have thousands of images to deal with and we may miss the error too!